Get in touch to discuss how we can work together towards a
more sustainable superyacht industry.
Are you up for the challenge to drive sustainable innovation in a very unique sector of the maritime industry? Do you possess expertise on the LCA methodology and ready to apply your knowledge to a diverse range of transformative projects? Then this might be the job for you!
As Environmental Expert, you will work within a diverse and complementary team of experts ranging from marine biology, marine engineering, naval architecture, marketing and non-profit management, collaborating on a daily basis with foundation and external partners through joint industry projects, one-on-one case studies and LCA assessments.
To ensure that the yachting community collectively progresses in the right direction, we advocate for the life cycle approach and consider 10 environmental indicators, rather than only CO2. We are committed to being ambitious and proactive in light of upcoming legislative developments. Environmental expertise and LCA experience are therefore the skills and knowledge we are looking for to succeed in this role.
In this role, you will be the linking pin with specialised research institutes that conduct LCA’s for us. You will overlook the processes and prepare the documentation required, while keeping the assessment partner engaged and informed. Taking part in (online) conferences and presenting on our environmental work and methods will also be part of your activities. Environmental expertise is still rare in superyacht industry, therefore you will serve as an expert source for the team, foundation partners, media and others by sharing methods, parameters, impact numbers and their interpretations.
Additionally, you are involved in proof-reading and fact-checking of media reports, press releases, social media posts, website copies, and technical reports.
In case of a marine biology background and experience, our newly developed Ocean Assist programme will also fall under your coordination. This will be our collective and coordinated approach for maximising support for ocean conservation activities by the yachting community, guided by leading scientists in this field.
- You are an expert in sustainability science and life cycle assessment;
- You are a team player and self-starter with a proactive mindset;
- Can-do mentality and forward-thinking approach to drive continuous progress;
- Being the go-to-person for consulting on impacts of (raw) materials and processes;
- Able to reduce complex processes into actionable steps, foster engagement among assessment partners motivated, and celebrate milestones;
- Advanced presentation skills to explain methods, results and possible improvements in the language of the recipient;
- You like to work with people and show interest in the various international cultures we work with;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Proactive and positive attitude;
- Committed and accountable;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English (C1 level minimum);
- Additional languages including Dutch, Italian, French and German are of added value;
- Motivation to work on our ambitious goal
- Master degree in the field of sustainability, marine biology or other related field;
- You have 7 years of relevant work experience as minimum;
- You are experienced and knowledgeable in various environmental databases like EcoInvent, SimaPro or ReCiPe;
- You have a good knowledge and expertise in EPD’s, PCR’s and their development;
- You can prepare, read and judge LCA’s, EPD’s and PCR’s;
- You understand and experienced with LCA methodology and its implementation;
- You have experience in driving ambitious research projects.
Your benefits and opportunities
- 24 paid holidays per year for an excellent work-life balance;
- Salary around € 46K gross per year based on experience;
- Work-from-home possibility;
- Covered commuting;
- Business Travel;
- Access to social gatherings, lectures, and events, so you will meet like-minded colleagues within the superyacht industry and beyond.
1 June onwards, on a basis of 40 hours per week primarily from our Amsterdam office.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please send your motivation and CV to email@example.com.
Robert van Tol
Diemerzeedijk 27-A, 1095 KK Amsterdam, Netherlands