Sustainability in Practice management course
‘Sustainability in Practice’ is the first course Water Revolution Foundation launched as part of its educational programme. This is a management course tailored to the superyacht industry and takes place on 19 November 2019 during METSTRADE in Amsterdam. As a result of our strategic trade show partnership, METSTRADE kindly facilitates and promotes this course.
The course provider is Centre for Sustainability & Excellence (CSE) who are renowned for their management courses for sustainability and have trained 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
This tailored one-day course is very pragmatic and aims at lowering the barrier to start a sustainability programme inside a company tomorrow, and provides attendees with useful tools and tips.
- To understand sustainability definitions and key concepts
- To introduce the business case of sustainability and regulatory trends
- To use effective communication (and avoid greenwashing) of sustainability, internally and externally
- To identify UN Sustainable Development Goals related to your business case
- To define necessary steps for creating a sustainability strategy
- To set the methods for sustainability reporting
- To understand life cycle assessment (Yachting 4.0 Tool)
- To understand how to measure corporate social impact and carbon footprint
The course takes one full working day. Lunch and refreshments throughout the day will be provided.
Date and timing
The course will take place on 19 November in Amsterdam during METSTRADE. It starts at 9.00 am and finishes around 5.30 pm.
Additional dates and locations will be announced after the first course.
Table of contents
A course manual will be submitted to all participants prior to the course for preparation. The course covers the following subjects:
- Module 1: Sustainability (CSR) and the Business Case
- Module 2: Current Global & Local Sustainability Trends
- Module 3: Sustainability (CSR) Strategy and Related Global Standards & Guidelines
- Module 4: Sustainability Reporting Frameworks and Communication
- Module 5: Measuring Environmental and Social Impact
Water Revolution Foundation offers the course at nearly cost price, it is our aim to make it accessible for as many yachting professionals as possible.
€ 370 for attending the course, without taking the official exam assignment
€ 750 for attending the course and taking the exam assignment to earn an official course certificate issued by Centre for Sustainability & Excellence (CSE).
The exam is an assignment where the attendee applies the lessons from the course to their own organisation and submits a written plan to the course provider for examination. The results follow a few weeks after the course. When successful, a digital certificate will be issued.
In case the exam is not taken, a written confirmation of attendance can be submitted after having joined the full day. The course provider confirms to Water Revolution Foundation that the participant has attended the full course, upon which the participant may ask for a written confirmation of attendance.
The course is capped at 18 seats. Please use the button below to secure your place and register before 1 November. We will be in touch to confirm and arrange payment.