Sustainability in Practice management course
‘Sustainability in Practice’ is the first course Water Revolution Foundation launched as part of its educational programme. This is a management course tailored to the superyacht industry.
The course provider is Centre for Sustainability & Excellence (CSE) who are renowned for their management courses for sustainability and have trained 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
This tailored one-day course is very pragmatic and aims at lowering the barrier to start a sustainability programme inside a company tomorrow, and provides attendees with useful tools and tips.
- To understand sustainability definitions and key concepts
- To introduce the business case of sustainability and regulatory trends
- To use effective communication (and avoid greenwashing) of sustainability, internally and externally
- To identify UN Sustainable Development Goals related to your business case
- To define necessary steps for creating a sustainability strategy
- To set the methods for sustainability reporting
- To understand life cycle assessment (Yachting 4.0 Tool)
- To understand how to measure corporate social impact and carbon footprint
The course takes one full working day. Lunch and refreshments throughout the day will be provided.
This course is a management course. Typical attendees of such courses are CEOs, COOs, managing directors, operational directors, marketing directors and heads of production.
Table of contents
A course manual will be submitted to all participants prior to the course for preparation. The course covers the following subjects:
- Module 1: Sustainability (CSR) and the Business Case
- Module 2: Current Global & Local Sustainability Trends
- Module 3: Sustainability (CSR) Strategy and Related Global Standards & Guidelines. Measuring Environmental Impact
- Module 4: Sustainability Reporting Frameworks and Stakeholder’s Communication
Water Revolution Foundation offers the course at nearly cost price, it is our aim to make it accessible for as many yachting professionals as possible.
You can choose to only take the 1-day course or also do an official post-course exam assignment, due within 12 working days.
- € 370 for attending the course, without taking the official exam assignment
- € 750 for attending the course and taking the exam assignment to earn an official ‘Sustainability Practitioner’ certificate issued by Centre for Sustainability & Excellence (CSE).
Post-course exam assignment
The exam is an assignment where the attendee applies the lessons from the course to their own organisation and submits a written plan to the course provider for examination. The results follow a few weeks after the course. When successful, an official digital certificate will be issued in your name by CSE, the course providing institute. In case the exam is not taken, a written confirmation of attendance can be created after having joined the full day.
The Sustainability in Practice management course is provided four times a year at different venues.
The courses confirmed for 2020 are:
- Friday 3 July – Yacht Club de Monaco – Monaco
- Tuesday 17 November – METSTRADE – RAI Amsterdam – The Netherlands
- TBD – MB92 – Barcelona – Spain
- TBD – Rybovich Superyacht Marina – West Palm Beach – Florida – USA
The courses are capped at 18 seats. Registration fora ll courses is now open, the course is confirmed when 12 or more seats are reserved. Please use the button below to secure your place and register for a course in your preferred location. We will be in touch to confirm your registration and to arrange payment.
“I am looking back on a very interesting course. I got some useful insights, tools and tips during the ‘Sustainability in Practice’ management course. Great interaction between trainer and practitioners. And the content is nicely connected to the yachting industry. I recommend this course to everyone in the boating and yachting industry with serious intentions to get started on the path of neutralising their ecological footprint.”
Maik van Zoggel – Business Development Manager – Volvo Penta